Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

CURRENTLY READING: It's Kind of a Funny Story

I am currently reading It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. So far, I'm about half way in and it is absolutely fantastic. If you don't know, it's about a young teen named Craig who checks himself into a psychiatric hospital when he almost kills himself.

I would be lying if I didn't say I mostly read novels with female protagonists and if they are male, they are usually older than 15 year old Craig. It's interesting to read a novel from the perspective of someone I wouldn't normally read. It broadens my scope of novels as well as people in general. While Craig is not like every 15 year old boy, he is more like them than say Elizabeth Bennet or Katniss Everdeen.


I'll let you know my final verdict on the book when I finish it, which will probably be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment